Thursday, March 5, 2015

5 of 31 SOL: Decisions Decisions

     Sitting here wondering, "What could I write about today?" Something that I encounter with my class often. Students will always ask me for topic ideas in any free writing situation. I have my standbys that I will always tell them: "Look at your list of topic ideas" "Look at the stuff we brainstormed at the start of the year, like who is important to, or places that you love, all those lists we created at the start of the year." But what if they don't feel it that day? What if they did not do a very good job on their list? 
     Well here I sit in the exact same position, wondering what to write about today. I am now in the position my students are in often and wondering how do I work through this. I start by thinking of what I've done recently that would make a good story or that people might be interested in. If nothing comes up with that then I go to my family, including our dog. Once I get to that point if I still do not have an idea I start ticking through my hobbies or interests; cycling, watching sports, reading, music, movies, etc. I can usually think of something by that point. Today however, I decided to just write about what I was experiencing. While typing this I even thought of a few different ideas for future blogs, don't worry I'll let in on those later.
     One last thought: I hate the default font on Blogger. I wish I had more choices, but it seems I only have 7. I'm sure there could be more if I did a quick Google search, but today I'm too lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment